Saturday, February 23, 2019

Biggest Problem of My Life


Article Contributed by Jessie Chen, grade 8

One of the biggest problems going on in my life is that my bedroom is overcrowded. Every time I step into my room I think to myself, I really need to do something about it, but I never do. All my drawers are stuffed with colored pencils, pens, and stickers that I don't really use. I own two shelves, the tall one for books and the shorter one for my stuffed animals. The bookshelf is made of wood and has 5 layers. I tried to organize the books by author's last name like they do in the library, but gave up a day after I started. The extra books usually get stacked on the ground which sometimes trips me. The shorter shelf is a white one from IKEA. It has been moved around several times in my room since we moved in and now sits quietly under the window as the sunlight spills over it.  No matter how hard I try to shove my dolls and stuffed animals inside, they fall out. By now I have stopped trying and let the extra ones sit on the floor or on my bed, filling up portions of my overcrowded room. 

To solve this problem, I could try throwing the extra things away. This would clear my room and empty some of my drawers. However, this would be wasting perfectly fine toys, pens, and books. Instead, I could donate them. This would clear my room and at the same time, benefit the poor and put those things to good use. Regardless of the good this solution does, some of the extra things in my room mean too much to be donated. Most of them have been with me since I was a toddler. A few are even from my grandpa who passed away. To fix that, I will get a new shelf for my extra books and stuffed animals, and donate the colored pencils and pens that I don't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment