Monday, August 27, 2012

Rain (by Megan)

Sprinkling,
Trickling,
Patting faintly--
Gently,
I come.
Light and frothy,
Pretty, musical
I play ever so softly
With wind chimes and rooftops.
I gather coolly over time:
In you hair,
On your arms,
Delicately--upon the tips of your lashes.

I thicken,
Grow steady,
Follow the beat of your heart.
I am mellow, but I am heavy,
I stir up earthly scents
And thoughts.
I seep through your shirt,
Darkening it's color,
As I darken the sky.

I rhythmically prance
On a forgotten tarp
Within reach of
your cold ears
limited reception.

I now pound.
I pour.
I thrum deep into your bones.
I fall in icy sheets.
Tumbling off wetted roads.
I let out low, rolling laughter
You know
by another name.
Flooding holes,
Lawns,
What was not long ago--
Empty air.
I soak you to the core . . .

And leave as quickly
As I began.

No comments:

Post a Comment